Submission is now closed
What is PFC
PFC is an online US national Short Film competition for beginners or professionals, residents, or US citizens.
- Building bridges with artists, actors, producers, and actors who are in favor of supporting Palestine.
- Partnering with friend media corporations and film institutes to provide training and support for young Palestinian filmmakers.
- Revealing hundreds of stories about Palestine, the land and the people, the history and the future in favor of documenting and mass public awareness.
- Create a media production platform to identify the Palestinian narrative apart from any political affiliations, agendas, and unjust interests.
Every year, the PCF will outline its competition specifications based on goals and objectives. This year, 2022, we are supporting the production of short films using
- The competition is open to American youth ages 13 to 18 years old.
- The competition is open to documentaries, narrative, music, video art, and animation.
- The duration of the film is 3 to 5 minutes (regardless of the topic of the film).
- Only films shot using a mobile device or any type of tablet are accepted (all films shot with media or cameras other than the mentioned ones will be disqualified).
- Filmmakers are allowed to use any editing technology, whether on their mobile phones or on a computer.
- The participating films are produced in 2022 and made specifically for the competition.
- Applying for participation is individual, and works produced by an organization will not be considered.
- Films must be in English or subtitled in English.
Additional Terms & Conditions
- Entries are acceptable by filling out the form and uploading all the required materials electronically, no later than Nov. 7th, 2022 at11:59 pm
- Any movie that exceeds the allowed period, or any movie that contains technical problems in sound or image that hinder viewing, will be disqualified.
- Any film that contains offensive or racist material or films previously shared on social media platforms will be disqualified.
- Participating films will be evaluated by independent judges.
- The filmmaker grants the competition organizers the right to display and promote the films on social media platforms, with reference to the filmmaker’s intellectual rights.
- You may not infringe the rights of others by using music or clips from their work nor you can use stock footage in your film.
- Upload your film to YouTube and provide Link
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your Full name, Contact information (including phone number and email address) and the YouTube Link.
The competition offers the winners financial incentive prizes for the top three winners:
- 1st place: $2,000
- 2nd place: $ 1,000
- 3rd place $500
The winners will be hosted on a discussion panel and their films will be featured during the Annual Palestine Convention.