AMP is proud to present its annual youth competition, run this year by AMP Chicago’s youth group “Yalla Shabab”. We hope for this event is to provide a platform for our youth to showcase their creative talents in presenting the Palestinian narrative under this year’s theme “The Palestinian Diaspora“. The competition has three categories: poetry/spoken word, art/painting/picture, and video/short film/documentary. Participants can compete in one or more categories. The winners will receive a variation of prizes depending on the category.
1st: $500 | 2nd: $300 | 3rd: $150
Rules & Regualtions
- The deadline to submit a final product for review is Sunday, November 21st, 2021.
- The competition will be held during the convention.
- Participant’s age: 13-18 (High School students ONLY).
- Prizes will be announced during the convention.
- Winners should be present to claim their prizes.
The Competition is sponsored by AMP’s 14th Annual Convention for Palestine in the US.
(1) Video/Documentary/Short Film
- Criteria: Video, short film, or documentary about the Palestinian Diaspora.
- Video’s length 2-5 minutes.
- Subtitles (Arabic & English) are encouraged but not required.
- Collaboration is allowed.
- Final product will be judged by style, content, and originality, etc.
(2) Poetry / Spoken Word
- Criteria: A self-composed poem or spoken word on the Palestinian Diaspora.
- Length should be 1-3 minutes long.
- Contestants will be asked to present a hard copy of their poem/spoken word by November 25th to ensure there is no plagiarism and material is appropriate.
- Poem/Spoken word will be judged by style, content, and originality, flow etc.
- Criteria: Painting or picture must stay within the theme of the Palestinian Diaspora.
- Must be a completely original piece.
- When submitting an art piece, a picture of the piece or scan can be sent to the submission email.
- Will be judged on creativity, originality, concept, and quality.
Agreement to Official Rules
Participants in the competition constitute entrants and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the official rules and the decisions of the sponsor, which are final and binding. Sponsors have the right to decline any participants without reasoning if they feel work does not fit their criteria and values that they uphold. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with the official rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein. Winning participants waive their copyright to their work and permits sponsors to showcase in their current or future events.